What is hemoglobin
If you want to know what hemoglobin is, then this note is for you. Hemoglobin (from Greek haima meaning blood and Latin globus meaning ball) is a protein found in…

Continue reading →

Why does the lower back hurt?
Complaints of discomfort in the lower back periodically appear in almost every person. Unpleasant sensations can torment for years or occur from time to time. Do not ignore such body…

Continue reading →

What do wet palms mean?
All people sweat. This is a natural physiological process. But some people sweat excessively. It can cover the entire body or affect a separate area. For example, palms. This causes…

...

Who and why need to strengthen blood vessels
The role of the vascular system in the human body is enormous. It supplies blood, and therefore oxygen and nutrition, to all tissues and organs. Damage to blood vessels, disruptions…

Continue reading →

Interesting facts about the common cold

You may already know some facts about the common cold. We recommend that everyone read this article, since any medical facts are, first of all, our health, and then the development of erudition and simply “interestingness”.

So let’s go!

1. Viruses are the smallest villains
Most varieties of the common cold are caused by rhinoviruses. One virus measures approximately 20 nanometers, so 50,000 are one millimeter.

Tiny travelers move from person to person most efficiently by air, that is, by airborne droplets. Every sneeze or cough of a sick person releases countless pathogens into the air. But they are also transmitted by touch!

2. Why no vaccine protects against the common cold
Medicine works wonders, but it fails to completely cope with the rhinovirus rhinitis. This is partly because rhinoviruses produce between 15 and 20 new species during the cold season – far more than the actual dangerous flu virus. Therefore, constant study of viruses and the invention of more and more new vaccines are required. “Old friends” are not recognized by the immune system, so a new weapon against them is required.
3. Ethics of behavior during a cold
If someone sneezes in the office, everyone unanimously wishes him good health. In the cold season, it should look different. The sneezer should apologize to others, and the rest just nod in a friendly way. If a person sneezes without covering his mouth, he should make a remark. This fact is always important to consider.

Surely you yourself have met more than once in the subway or bus, how a seemingly intelligent person coughs without closing his mouth, but only slightly lowering his head. This, of course, is extremely ill-mannered and disrespectful behavior towards other people.

Vnimanie-gripp-Interesnyie-faktyi-o-prostude

4. Handkerchief no more than 90 years old
An interesting fact is that the production of woven materials was initially very expensive. The first handkerchiefs existed only for the rich. Until the invention of the mechanical loom in the 18th century, almost no one could afford to own such a thing. And only in 1929 the first paper handkerchief appeared, which was not too expensive.

5. The cold in facts and figures
On average, everyone gets sick about four times a year, and children even up to seven times. According to statistics, in 75 years of life a person catches a cold about 300 times. Since the symptoms persist for six or seven days, we spend more than four years of our lives on a cold with coughs, nasal congestion, headaches and body aches.

In 80% of cases, a simple infection is diagnosed, the remaining 20% ​​are ill with real influenza, and in some cases, only five weeks after the onset of the disease, they fully recover.

It remains only to add that any virus is afraid of physically developed people. Accustom the body to regular physical exercises, harden the body or at least take a contrast shower 2-3 times a week, eat more honey, lemon and garlic.

By following these simple rules, you can be sure that it will not be so easy for a cold to get to you.

Hypochondria: a disease of malingerers?
“Yes, he’s just a hypochondriac”, “Here he put hypochondria on himself” - we speak with irritation about an overly suspicious, dull, constantly complaining person, not always realizing that hypochondria is…

...

Apathy and loss of energy - a wake-up call?
The unwillingness to do something is periodically observed in all people. And that's okay. But only until such unwillingness develops into indifference to everything. In this case, interest in what…

...

Foods for the brain
The products for the brain, which we will consider in this article, contribute to the improvement of mental activity. Studies show that our brain consumes about 20% of energy. An…

...